Baird is an independent and employee-owned international ﬁnancial services ﬁrm with more than $200 billion in client assets.1 With oﬃces in Europe, Asia and the United States, Baird provides investment banking, private equity and equity research services to institutions, corporations and entrepreneurs around the world. Baird’s commitment to putting clients’ interests ﬁrst has made us a trusted investment partner for nearly a century.
- Record Revenues – Baird’s 2017 net revenues were $1.5 billion,2 a firm record
- No. 1 for Overall Quality in Sales, Corporate Access and Research – In 2017, small-cap and mid-cap institutional fund managers ranked Baird No. 1 for overall quality in Sales, Corporate Access and Research.3
- Global Reach – Baird has more than 3,400 employees and operating resources working from more than 100 locations in Europe, the United States and Asia.
- 150+ Consecutive Profitable Quarters – Through many market cycles and different investment environments, Baird has focused on delivering results for clients – an approach that has enabled consistent success for the firm.
- History – Founded in 1919, headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA.
- Ownership – Baird is employee-owned, privately held and independent. Approximately two-thirds of our employees own Baird stock.
- Paul E. Purcell, Chairman
- Steven G. Booth, President & CEO
- David Silver, Managing Director, Head of European Investment Banking
- Andrew Ferguson, Managing Director, Baird Capital – U.K. Private Equity
- Steve Holt, Managing Director, Head of International Equity Sales
- Patrick Spencer, Managing Director, Vice Chairman of Equities
Global Structure and Success
Baird’s complementary businesses help diversify and balance revenue through all types of market conditions and have enabled us to achieve great outcomes for our clients.
Baird Capital makes venture capital, growth equity and private equity investments in lower middle-market companies in Europe, the United States and Asia. Baird Capital has raised and managed $3.4 billion in capital since inception and made investments in more than 300 portfolio companies.
- Since 1971, our U.K. Private Equity group has completed more than 170 private equity investments
- 56 investment and operating professionals in Europe, the United States and Asia
- An active portfolio of $2.2 billion in combined revenue and more than 13,100 employees globally
- Baird Capital’s U.K. Private Equity group provides equity capital for lower middle-market companies in the Healthcare, Technology & Services and Industrial Solutions sectors
Global Investment Banking
Baird’s Global Investment Banking group provides comprehensive mergers and acquisitions and debt advisory services to middle-market companies.
- Baird achieved a record level of advisory deals in 2017, announcing in excess of 100 globally
- In 2017, 90% of Baird’s European M&A deals were cross-border, spanning 10 different countries
- An integrated global team of approximately 300 banking professionals advises M&A, equity and debt advisory transactions
- Strong emphasis in the Industrial, Consumer, Healthcare, and Technology & Services sectors
- Over the past decade, Baird has advised on M&A deals involving companies located in 30 countries
Institutional Equities and Research
Baird’s Institutional Equities and Research team delivers expertise in research, sales and trading to domestic and international institutions.
- More than 700 companies under research coverage
- Baird makes a market in more than 3,700 securities and trades across 50 markets globally
- Institutional attendance at Baird's global investor conferences has grown 33% since 2013
- In the 2017 Greenwich small-cap and mid-cap survey, Baird ranked No. 1 for overall quality in sales, corporate access and research and received eight additional No. 1 rankings in numerous categories3
- As part of its leading corporate access services, Baird arranged more than 21,000 company–investor connections in 2017
Robert W. Baird & Co. Incorporated. Please visit our website at bairdeurope.com for important information.
“Baird” is the marketing name for Robert W. Baird & Co. Incorporated and its subsidiaries and affiliates worldwide.
Robert W. Baird Limited (RWBL) and Baird Capital Partners Europe Limited (BCPE) are authorized and regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority (registered numbers are 124308 and 150154, respectively). RWBL and BCPE have approved this information for distribution in the UK and Europe.
1 Assets as of 31 December 2017.
2 Financial results do not reflect the consolidation of certain private equity partnerships.3 Greenwich Associates U.S. Equity Investors – Small-/Mid-Cap Funds, May 2017. Survey conducted with 101 small-cap and mid-cap fund managers. Rankings for qualitative metrics based on leading research firms in survey.