Baird is an independent and employee-owned international financial services firm with $171 billion in client assets.1 With offices in Europe, Asia and the United States, Baird provides investment banking, private equity and equity research services to institutions and corporations around the world. Baird’s commitment to putting clients’ interests first has made us a trusted investment partner for nearly a century.
- Record Revenues – Baird’s 2016 net revenues were $1.4 billion,2 a firm record
- No. 1 Research Quality and Importance – In 2016, small-cap and mid-cap institutional fund managers ranked Baird No. 1 overall for research importance3
- Global Reach – Baird has more than 3,400 employees and operating resources working from more than 100 locations in Europe, the United States and Asia
- History – Founded in 1919, headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
- Ownership – Baird is employee-owned, privately held and independent. Approximately two-thirds of our employees own Baird stock
- Paul E. Purcell, Chairman
- Steven G. Booth, President & CEO
- David Silver, Managing Director, Head of European Investment Banking
- Andrew Ferguson, Managing Director, Baird Capital – U.K. Private Equity
- Steve Holt, Managing Director, Head of International Equity Sales
- Patrick Spencer, Managing Director, Vice Chairman of Equities
Global Structure and Success
Baird’s complementary businesses help diversify and balance revenue through all types of market conditions and have enabled us to achieve great outcomes for our clients.Baird Capital
U.S. Private Equity – U.K. Private Equity – China Growth Equity – Venture Capital
Baird Capital makes private equity investments in lower middle-market companies in Europe, the United States and Asia. Baird Capital has raised and managed more than $3.3 billion in capital since inception and made investments in approximately 300 portfolio companies.
- Since 1971, our U.K. Private Equity group has completed more than 170 private equity investments
- 56 investment and operating professionals in Europe, the United States and Asia
- An active portfolio of $1.8 billion in combined revenue and more than 11,500 employees globally
- Baird Capital’s U.K. Private Equity group provides equity capital for lower middle-market companies in the Healthcare, Technology & Services and Industrial Solutions sectors
Global Investment Banking
Baird’s Global Investment Banking group provides comprehensive mergers and acquisitions and debt advisory services to middle-market companies.
- Baird advised on more than 100 M&A and debt advisory deals globally in 2016
- An integrated global team of approximately 270 banking professionals advises on M&A, equity and debt advisory transactions
- Strong emphasis in the Industrial, Consumer, Healthcare and Technology & Services sectors
- In 2016, 70% of Baird’s European deals were cross-border, spanning ten different countries
- In the past five years, Baird’s M&A assignments have involved companies located in 22 countries
Institutional Equities and Research
Baird’s Institutional Equities and Research team delivers expertise in research, sales and trading to domestic and international institutions.
- More than 700 companies under research coverage
- 4.7 billion shares of stock traded in 2016
- Baird makes a market in 3,700 securities and trades across 49 markets globally
- Baird ranked No. 1 for research importance in the 2016 Greenwich small-cap and mid-cap survey3
Robert W. Baird & Co. Incorporated. Please visit our website at bairdeurope.com for important information. “Baird” is the marketing name for Robert W. Baird & Co. Incorporated and its subsidiaries and affiliates worldwide.
Robert W. Baird Limited (RWBL) and Baird Capital Partners Europe Limited (BCPE) are authorized and regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority (registered numbers are 124308 and 150154, respectively). RWBL and BCPE have approved this information for distribution in the UK and Europe.
1 $171 billion (USD) in total client assets as of 31 December 2016.
2 Financial results do not reflect the consolidation of certain private equity partnerships.
3 Greenwich Associates U.S. Equity Investors – Small/Mid-Cap Funds, April 2016. Survey conducted with 96 U.S. small-cap and mid-cap fund managers. Rankings for qualitative metrics are based on leading research firms in survey.
©2017 Robert W. Baird & Co. Incorporated. Member SIPC.