LONDON, 19 November 2015 – Baird, an employee-owned, international financial services firm, recently partnered with the London Business School (LBS) to host an event on The Business Case for Being a Great Place to Work. Nearly 100 LBS alumni and London business executives gathered on the LBS campus for an engaging panel discussion on the topic and networking time.
The distinguished panel included:
- Glenn Elliott, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Reward Gateway
- Tammy Erickson, Adjunct Professor of Organisational Behaviour, London Business School
- Paul Purcell, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Baird
- Claire Scott, VP Employee Success – EMEA, Salesforce
Oxana Popkova, President of LBS’ Alumni Human Capital Club, moderated the discussion, which covered several topics, including:
- The core components of being a 'great' place to work are, and how this goes beyond 'perks and pay';
- How to build a strategy that connects a strong organisational culture with employee engagement and financial performance; and
- Strategies for dealing with the 'bad players' in your organisation and how to tackle the mentality of 'sharp elbows equals more success'.
David Silver, Head of Baird’s European Investment Banking business and a LBS alum, commented on the value of the evening’s discussions, saying: “The tremendous level of engagement at and around this event was gratifying to see. Having a strong corporate culture and employee engagement is something that business leaders recognise drives employee retention and corporate success. Baird is very pleased to be involved in this meaningful topic in such an impactful way.”
Baird is an employee-owned, international wealth management, capital markets, private equity and asset management firm with offices in the United States, Europe and Asia. Established in 1919, Baird has more than 3,100 associates serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and municipal clients. Baird has $152billion in client assets. Committed to being a great place to work, Baird ranked No. 5 on FORTUNE’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2015 – its 12th consecutive year on the list. Baird’s principal operating subsidiaries are Robert W. Baird & Co. in the United States and Robert W. Baird Group Ltd. in Europe. Baird also has an operating subsidiary in Asia supporting Baird’s investment banking and private equity operations. Robert W. Baird Limited and Baird Capital Partners Europe Limited are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. For more information, please visit Baird’s Web site at www.bairdeurope.com.
For additional information, please contact:
Baird Public Relations