Baird is an independent and employee-owned international financial services firm with $208 billion in client assets.1 With offices in Europe, Asia and the United States, Baird provides investment banking, private equity and equity research services to institutions and corporations around the world. Baird’s commitment to putting clients’ interests first has made us a trusted investment partner for a century.
- Record Revenues – Baird’s 2018 net revenues were more than $1.8 billion,2 a firm record.
- No. 1 Overall Quality in Sales, Corporate Access and Research – In 2019, small-cap and mid-cap institutional fund managers ranked Baird No. 1 for overall quality in sales, corporate access and research.3
- Global Reach – Baird has approximately 3,650 employees and operating resources working from more than 100 locations in Europe, the United States and Asia.
- History – Founded in 1919, headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA.
- Ownership – Baird is employee-owned, privately held and independent. Approximately two-thirds of our employees own Baird stock.
- Paul E. Purcell, Chairman
- Steven G. Booth, President & CEO
- John Fordham, Chairman, Baird International
- David Silver, Managing Director, Head of European Investment Banking
- Andrew Ferguson, Managing Director, Baird Capital – U.K. Private Equity
- Steve Holt, Managing Director, Head of International Equity Sales
- Patrick Spencer, Managing Director, Vice Chairman of Equities
Global Structure and Success
Baird’s complementary businesses help diversify and balance revenue through all types of market conditions and have enabled us to achieve great outcomes for our clients.
Baird Capital makes private equity investments in lower middle-market companies in Europe, the United States and Asia. Baird Capital has raised and managed more than $3.5 billion in capital since inception and made investments in 290 portfolio companies.
- Since 1971, our U.K. Private Equity group has completed more than 170 private equity investments.
- Approximately 55 and operating professionals in Europe, the United States and Asia.
- An active portfolio of $2.4 billion in combined revenue and more than 16,000 employees globally.
- Baird Capital’s U.K. Private Equity group provides equity capital for lower middle-market companies in the Healthcare, Technology & Services and Industrial Solutions sectors.
Global Investment Banking
Baird’s Global Investment Banking group provides comprehensive mergers and acquisitions and debt advisory services to middle-market companies.
- Baird achieved a record level of advisory deals in 2018, announcing nearly 150 globally.
- In 2018, 80% of Baird’s European M&A deals were cross-border, spanning 12 different countries.
- An integrated global team of approximately 350 banking professionals advises M&A, equity and debt advisory transactions.
- Strong emphasis in the Industrial, Consumer, Healthcare, and Technology & Services sectors.
- Over the past decade, Baird has advised on M&A deals involving companies located in 30 countries.
Institutional Equities and Research
Baird’s Institutional Equities and Research team delivers expertise in research, sales and trading to domestic and international institutions.
- More than 700 companies under research coverage.
- Baird makes a market in 3,400 securities and trades across more than 50 markets globally.
- Institutional attendance at Baird's global investor conferences has grown more than 35% in the past five years.
- In the 2019 Greenwich small-cap and mid-cap survey, Baird ranked No. 1 for overall quality in sales, corporate access and research and received several additional No. 1 rankings in numerous categories.3
- As part of its leading corporate access services, Baird arranged more than 20,000 company-investor connections in 2018.
Robert W. Baird & Co. Incorporated. Please visit our website at bairdeurope.com for important information.
“Baird” is the marketing name for Robert W. Baird & Co. Incorporated and its subsidiaries and affiliates worldwide.
Robert W. Baird Limited (RWBL) and Baird Capital Partners Europe Limited (BCPE) are authorized and regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority (registered numbers are 124308 and 150154, respectively). RWBL and BCPE have approved this information for distribution in the UK and Europe.
1 Assets as of December 31, 2018. On April 1, 2019, Hilliard Lyons and Hilliard Lyons Trust Company became wholly owned subsidiaries of Baird, enhancing client services and adding more than $50 billion to Baird’s client assets. Revenues and headcount listed are not inclusive of Hilliard Lyons acquisition.
2 Financial results do not reflect the consolidation of certain private equity partnerships.
3 Greenwich Associates North American Equity Investors – U.S. Small-/Mid-Cap Funds and U.S. Equities Sales, Corporate Access & Research, May 2019. Surveys conducted with 100 small-cap and mid-cap fund managers and 169 fund managers and 269 traders, respectively. Rankings for qualitative metrics based on leading research firms in surveys.